Sorry for the delay this week. I started a new job on Monday and most of my week has been spent getting immersed into the culture of the company, which has been a little draining.
So, it seems I have been nominated for a creative blogger award by Rav of Ravalation. She had some very kind things to say about my blog attempts thus far, and it seems rude to ignore such a prompt so early in my return. So, without further ado, 5 facts about me.
- I have four children who are the light of my world. My son, who’s 14, is passionate about Pokémon, comics, and is slowly discovering the world of MMOs. My 11 year old daughter is a delight who enjoys cinema, and loves to watch both Jeopardy and WWE with her old man. I have identical twin girls who are 9. They are my little geek girls. One is obsessed with all things Star Wars, and the other has discovered comics and Minecraft. My favorite thing about them is that when I ask them “What have we learned today if nothing else children?”, they respond, in unison “Homey don’t play dat!”
- I live in central Maine. What that means is that I live in a state where the population is under a million and a half, so we are talking mostly rural. In fact, where I live, the best internet speed I can get is 3 Mb line. I could get faster if I got satellite internet, but the data caps would kill me. Yes, I have seen moose.
- On the central Maine subject, I have met Stephen King. In fact, I drive by his home in Bangor on a semi-regular basis. I never got an autograph from him though, as when I met him, he was eating with his family at a restaurant I worked at, and it seemed rude to bother him. He tips well though.
- I am a cinephile. I love movies and the movie-making progress. I don’t have favorite actors, I have favorite directors. I’m the guy in the room who is more likely to comment on how the shot was done rather then what happened in the shot. Wes Anderson is probably my current fav director.
- I am a music lover. If that wasn’t obvious from how I title my blog posts. At one point in my life, I actually got accepted into a media school to become a radio personality, but decided against it as the corporate buyouts of local radio stations had started, and the end product of that is that most stations, especially in smaller markets like mine, are pretty much computer programmed with very little in the way of actual disc jockeys. The exception here being Stephen King’s stations that he owns. But still, I can spout random facts about most musicians/bands. Sadly, this doesn’t have much real world value.
So, there you have it. 5 facts about me that you probably didn’t need to know. Thanks again to Rav for nominating me, and look for a new entry tomorrow. I am not going to nominate anyone else, simply because I’m still learning who the fellow members of my community are.